We are so excited for camp to begin in just a few short weeks! We hope you are all staying safe, getting pumped, and wrapping up your school years smoothly. We wanted to update you on some information, as we have had several questions as the country has begun opening up.
First, some answers to the most common questions we’ve received:
- Vaccination is encouraged but not required
- Even if your child is fully vaccinated you DO still need proof of a negative test within 7 days of your arrival
- If your child is fully vaccinated, bring proof of their vaccination upon arrival so we can properly record this
- ALL campers and staff will be tested regardless of their vaccination status.
- On arrival day masks are required and will be worn by every person on camp.
- Due to the longer sessions, laundry will be done midway through the session (2 weeks in). Laundry is always available in emergency situations (bedwetting/illness)
- Be on the lookout for an email asking you to sign-up for a drop-off time in the next 48 hours.
Now some details you’ll want to know before arriving.
You will be asked to sign up for a “time slot” to drop off your camper(s). We cannot allow everyone to show up at the same time, so we are offering two windows. We can allow 50% of people to drop off between 10am-12pm, and 50% between 1pm-3pm. Be on the lookout for an email to secure your window in the next 48 hours. It is important that you stick to your allotted time to ensure the safety of our camp community.
- On drop-off day ALL PEOPLE ON CAMP MUST WEAR A MASK. This is non-negotiable.
- You will be instructed where to park and where to go for registration/COVID testing.
- *** Since we will have limited numbers of visitors during the drop-off times, parents/guardians will be able to move their campers into cabins once registration is complete.
- One family in a cabin at a time
- Additional rules to follow upon arrival
Campers must arrive with proof of a negative test within 7 days. They will be tested again on arrival, 3 days later, and 5 days later. If all tests come back negative, camp can return to relative normalcy. ALL campers and staff will be tested at each of these intervals, regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not to ensure camp is COVID free for all campers.
After arrival day, masks will only be required when campers are indoors with other campers who are NOT in their cabin groups. Pending negative tests, after day 5, camp will return to capture the flag, being crammed together in the dining hall, hugs at chapel, and of course the pure fun of being with your closest friends.
We advise you to look to the recommendations on our website regarding what to pack as these have changed very little.
- The only exception being you may want to pack a number of cloth masks, though we’ll have plenty of disposable masks available.
- Laundry will be done mid-way through the session, so clothing considerations should remain the same.
We are excited to see you all and welcome you home in just a few short weeks! Please email us with any additional questions you may have